Overview King Edward Hotel
With its rich history, timeless elegance, and modern hospitality, the Omni King Edward Hotel has been a favourite of both locals and visitors for over 110 years. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, this landmark hotel is just steps away from a wealth of diverse restaurants, tourist hotspots, and shopping centres. It's no wonder the Omni King Edward is the perfect destination for business and leisure travellers alike.
The Omni King Edward Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni King Edward Hotel may be your perfect match
The Human Resources Manager will assist the Director of Human Resources in providing core areas of human resource practices. They will manage the day to day activities of recruitment and selection, labour relations, staff development and education, recognition, orientation, attendance management, performance management, workers' compensation, occupational health and safety, compensation and benefits, and human resources policies.
- Provide direct recruitment activities by liaising with advertising agencies, colleges, and universities to place job ads; writing internal and external job postings; conducting interviews and checking references; writing letters of offer.
- Counsel employees regarding employment opportunities and career paths.
- Conduct exit interviews with staff who are leaving the hotel's employment on a voluntary basis.
- Serve as a member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee, assisting Co-chairs to organize plan and maintain records of committee activities and actively participate as management representative
- Ensure that all WSIB policies and processes are adhered to and manage claims activity to ensure compliance of same.
- Provide interpretations and advice regarding the administration of the collective agreement.
- Provide assistance to managers in mediating problems, staff concerns, harassment, attendance management and performance management issues.
- Act as a resource to staff members in resolving concerns through coaching and counselling.
- Provide interpretations and advice regarding all pertinent legislation and hotel policies.
- Coordinate projects that have an organization wide impact such as orientation, service recognition awards, attendance management, performance management, employee assistance and return to work.
- Participates in planning and execution of associate events planned by the HR Department
- Schedules, delivers and administers hotel orientation and monthly managers' training program.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- One year Human Resources and/or Hotel experience preferred
- Degree or diploma with a concentration on Human Resources; working towards professional certification (CHRP)
- Must have strong computer skills and working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility and capability to take on special assignments/projects as directed by supervisor.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Knowledge of company, role, and scope.