Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
Front Desk Agents are responsible for providing a five-star welcome and departure experience to each guest, as well as, serving as ambassadors throughout the guest's stay. Front Desk Agents make the first impression upon our guests by extending a warm welcome, providing information about the hotel and local area, and offering our full range of upscale hotel amenities and services to them. Front Desk Agents are also responsible for settling guest accounts upon check-out, resolving guest issues and completing special requests. They work closely with all hotel departments especially our Concierge, Bell-Door and Ideal Services teams.
- Process guest check-ins and check-outs according to Omni's Moments of Service and Standard Operating Procedures
- Empathetically listen to guest inquiries and provide appropriate responses
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their preferences (room type, payment, etc.)
- Block rooms in the computer and follow through on designated requirements
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery)
- Maintain confidentiality of all guests and hotel information
- Employ attention to detail in order to ensure security of guest room access.
- Understand and execute all Omni accounting standards ensuring accurate settlement of folios, routing of charges and adjustments
- Maintain guest history files on all guests
- Accommodate room changes expediently
- Document all guest requests, complaints or problems immediately and notify designated department/personnel for resolving the situation. Follow up to ensure completion and guest satisfaction
- Issue safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure security of key
- Monitor, send and distribute guest faxes
- Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports
- Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and locations, room rates, special packages and promotions.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous hotel front desk experience is strongly preferred
- Previous cashiering experience is preferred
- Fluency in a foreign language is preferred
- Previous guest relations training is preferred