Location Parker House Hotel
As you pass through the sculpted bronze doors of this luxury Boston hotel, you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Omni Parker House a landmark since 1855. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at America's oldest continuously-operating hotel.Located on the Freedom Trail, guests enjoy grand views of historic downtown Boston, distinguished décor and thoughtful amenities that are evident in every striking detail in each of the 551 luxurious guest rooms. Walk to Beacon Hill, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Quincy Market, the Financial District, shopping and more. Just 2.5 miles (10-15 minutes) from Logan International Airport. Come join us and our family and create your own history as an employee of this historic property.
The Leader-in-Development (LID) program is a 12-month program designed to develop graduates into successful managers in the division they wish to pursue. The Rooms LID with a focus in front office will spend 40 hours each week as a supervisor in the front desk and 10 hours completing contracts throughout the training property. Upon completion of the LID program, the Front Office LID will move into a managerial role at another Omni property. Must be able to start December 2018, or January 2019.
Contracts are projects that will allow LIDs to learn about general hotel operations, as well as the details and functions of their division. Each contract will provide resources and evaluation criteria.
Functions of the Front Office LID will be to complete all contracts within 12 months:
- Will be responsible for meeting with Division Head and Director of Human Resources each month as well as completing a monthly feedback report for the corporate office
- Hotel wide contracts include working as a housekeeping supervisor, participating in a New Hire Orientation and discussing the Omni Six Pillars, and understanding guest service functions along with the roles of other departments
- Front Office contracts include demonstrating the ability to properly check-in guests and check-out guests per Omni Standards, explaining front office forecasting procedures, understanding group blocks, performing duties in PBX and all Guest Service functions, and more.
- Other contracts include participating performing selected job functions in the Reservations Department, such as understanding various information tools, priorities, forecast information and the Select Guest program. Resources to completing this contract include the Director of Revenue, historical data files, group information reports, property management systems, and more.
Supervisory duties include but are not limited to:
- Front desk duties
- Checking VIP and Select Guest rooms (in-house and arrivals)
- Handling any guest complaints or special requests
- Projects as assigned by manager
Requirements for Leader-in-Development candidates:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in hospitality or finance
- Passion for the hospitality industry
- Previous hotel/restaurant experience
- Ability to work 50 hours each week
- Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as ability to multitask
- Must be a self-starter and good follow-up skills
- Must be willing to relocate to new property upon completion of progr am