Overview Dallas Hotel
The Omni Dallas Hotel, in the center of the revitalized downtown Dallas, is connected via sky bridge to the Dallas Convention Center and close to restaurants, shops, entertainment and more! The Omni Dallas Hotel is built to meet the U.S. Green Building Council LEED Gold Certification standards, placing it on the forefront of environmental awareness and conservation in the city.
The Omni Dallas Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Dallas Hotel may be your perfect match.
This position is responsible for ensuring proper training and supervision of all personnel. The Food and Beverage LID is to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures. The Leader in Development (LID) program is a 12-month program designed to develop graduates into successful managers in the division they wish to pursue. The Food & Beverage LID will spend 40 hours each week assisting each department in Food & Beverage, and 7.5 hours completing contracts throughout the training property. Upon completion of the LID program, the Food & Beverage LID will move into a managerial role at an Omni property, so the successful candidate will be relocatable. Contracts are projects that will allow LIDs to learn about general hotel operations, as well as the details and functions of their division.
- Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall management.
- Assist in overall supervision of the department as outlined in manager's job description.
- Complete environmental checklist for dining room.
- Spot check liquor pars and order daily supplies.
- Hold pre-meal meetings.
- Follow up on established training steps.
- Handle guest comments and complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Communicate with guests and receive feedback.
- Stay on the floor during peak hours.
- Observe, teach and correct staff's service.
- Examine food preparation and beverage presentation.
- Maintain condition of dining room, mini bar and room service.
- Assist manager in; scheduling, completing weekly payroll, and forecasting both weekly and monthly.
- Participate in interviewing new employees as needed.
- Prepare maintenance request and follow-up.
- Monitor food and liquor requisitions and food waste.
- Check bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, and bottles totally empty daily.
- Previous Food and Beverage experience required, preferrably in luxury hotel/convention hotel setting.
- 4 year college degree required, preferably in a related field.
- Must have the ability to manage deadlines.
- Understanding of Food and Beverage financials including cost and par controls is preferred.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a strong attention to detail as well as strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, 47.50 hours a week including weekends and holidays.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
- Must know emergency procedures and work to prevent accidents.
- Alcoholic beverage service training required.
- Must be able to relocate upon completion of the program.
- Must reside within 75 miles of the hotel.