Location Houston Hotel at Westside
A peaceful water garden in the atrium lobby of the Omni Houston Hotel at Westside welcomes you with cascading waterfalls, exotic foliage and tropical fish in a beautiful serene setting. This spectacular luxury hotel rests on lush greens and is surrounded by a picturesque two-acre lake. At the Omni Houston Hotel at Westside, unparalleled hospitality complements priceless accommodations to create the ultimate experience. Located a short distance from Houston's city Centre dining and entertainment complex, the four-diamond Omni Houston Hotel at Westside offers a relaxed and elegant atmosphere.
The Omni Houston Hotel at Westside's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Houston at Westside's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Houston Hotel at Westside may be your perfect match.
This position will serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests.
- Efficiently and properly perform all service standards.
- Greet guests when entering the restaurant with a pleasant smile and superior customer service
- Must have full familiarity with menus.
- Must have full knowledge of beverage offerings.
- To polish and clean the water glasses in his/her assigned station before opening hours.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the restaurant manager.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards
- Take orders and answer questions/offer suggestions on menu selections
- Communicate with culinary team regarding meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs and special requests
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverage
- Present accurate check to guest and process payment
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day
- Complete closing duties
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- 1 year serving experience with a quality establishment
- Prior serving and cash handling experience preferred
- Must be able to multi task
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 10lbs without assistance
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must have alcohol training certification (TABC/TIPS)
- Must have Food Handler permit (where applicable)
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .