Location Houston Hotel
Discover a luxurious oasis at the Omni Houston Hotel. Situated on impeccably manicured grounds, the Houston Galleria hotel features the finest in Houston accommodations with sensational views of the city or pool area. The Omni Houston Hotel is centrally located in the prestigious Uptown Post Oak/Galleria area and is just minutes from all of the excitement that Houston, Texas has to offer.
The Omni Houston Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Houston Hotel may be your perfect match.
Overnight will ensure that our hotel property is well-maintained and reflects an image of outstanding quality. Responsible for responding to guest calls on the Overnight shift. He/She will fix minor issues and repairs, as well as, respond to guest calls for maintenance in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Respond and attend to guest room repair requests.
- Respond and attend to hotel alarms.
- Fix plumbing problems such as unclogging drains, plunging/repairing toilets, repairing toilets, leaking spigots, faucets, pipe valves and related equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance with tools on laundry and kitchen equipment including cleaning and lubrication, filter changes, belt adjustment, etc.
- Maintain daily shift logs of operation, maintenance, pool, spa, and safety activities. Order necessary tools and equipment; maintain necessary stock items.
- This job description is not all inclusive of other job duties or tasks that may be assigned to this position.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighting less than or equal to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders.
- Must be knowledgeable about using hand tools, power tools, and trade tools.
- Must have a working knowledge of general maintenance and repairs in at least one building trade.
- Must be familiar with OSHA Safety regulations.
- Must be available to work flexible full time schedule including weekends, overnights and holidays.
- Must be reliable, able to work independently, and willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Prior hospitality experience is preferred (or a very closely related industry with similar clientele/needs).