Overview Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
Located on the sugar sand beaches of Hilton Head Island on the southern coast of South Carolina, this oceanfront resort is a tropical paradise unlike anywhere else in this premier destination. The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort offers beautiful oceanfront views to all of our guests.
Omni Hilton Head's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort may be your perfect match.
To ensure maximum operating efficiency by assisting the Director of Front Office with the oversight of operations relating to the Front Office. Resulting in high levels of guest satisfaction and associate development.
- Ensure that Four Diamond standards and a consistent level of guest satisfaction are met.
- Ensure that all arriving and departing guests are treated with maximum courtesy and are served expeditiously by Front Office staff (proper posting of staff, grooming standards, MOS standards being followed).
- To be thoroughly acquainted with the AM and PM checklist; ensuring all needed reports and checklists are run and completed.
- Understand and perform cash handling processes, ensuring each cashier is maintaining bank according to standard.
- To be thoroughly acquainted with all check-in and check-out procedures and policies, including familiarity with all hotel amenities and local attractions.
- Control Parking Procedures and postings to guest accounts ensuring parking revenue.
- To appropriately protect confidential guest information and guest room key access according to Front Office SOP's.
- Possess a thorough familiarity with the Select Guest and Global Hotel Alliance programs. Provide required Select Guest and Global Hotel Alliance training to staff.
- Be familiar with all hotel rate plans and rate codes, understanding rate strategy when making rate changes for guests.
- Monitor all guest requests to ensure they are met within the prescribed time limits and handle all guest complaints maintaining a satisfactory impression with the guest.
- Effectively engage in the service recovery process, handling all guest concerns efficiently and to the satisfaction of the guests.
- Continued training done with all associates.
- Participate in issue prevention meetings and respond to alerts in Opera according to direction of management.
- Communicate all hotel, guest and group information to associates on a daily basis.
- Become familiar with all hotel operating systems and programs.
- Assist with weekly supply inventory and order front office supplies and uniforms.
- Assist with rate discrepancy report.
- Assist with balance reports and credit check reports daily.
- Adhere to all Systems and Controls of the Front Office, and appropriate areas of responsibilities.
- Assist with the creation of schedules and monitor staffing levels according to business cycles.
- Train Front Office line associates.
- Effectively coach and counsel associates as needed and complete performance evaluations.
- Responsible for scheduling and facilitating monthly OST meetings including agenda development and execution (one training hour per month and meeting minutes on file in HR monthly).
- Responsible for ensuring all Omni Standards are applied with regard to new hire training paperwork and orientation, disciplinary procedures, uniform issuance.
- Maintain a highly motivated and trained staff that continually strives for personalized, quality service and the creation of memorable guest experiences.
- Represent the Omni Brand and Culture at all times; meeting the expectations outlined in the Omni leadership competencies. Reinforce and train associates on Power of One and Power of Engagement principles.
- Be actively engaged with our guests and hotel associates, demonstrating and rewarding Power of One behaviors.
- Support a positive work environment of employee growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Minimum of one-year Front Office Management experience required.
- Previous leadership experience in an upscale, full service hotel environment is required.
- Strong understanding of front office hotel procedures and practices required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to stand for the entire scheduled shift.
- Customer service oriented, ability to multi-task, detail orientation, and excellent organizational skills required.
- Four-year college degree, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Knowledge of Property Management Systems and related computer programs
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
- Developed computer proficiencies, OPERA experience a plus.