Overview Amelia Island Plantation Resort
At Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort guests can explore 3.5 miles of pristine beach and scenic marshlands whileenjoying luxurious oceanfront accommodations, world-class resort pools, championship golf, full-service spa, endless dining options and family-friendly activities.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort may be your perfect match.
Banquet Set Up Manager Candidate must have experience in a similar banquet environment, high quality establishment. Excellent communication, leadership, organizational and customer service skills. Must be detail oriented and ability to work under stressful situations. Ensure proper set up of meeting and Banquet facilities by communicating effectively to associates and handling guests' requests on the floor to guest expectation and OMNI Standards.
- Represents management at functions.
- Determines set-ups in conjunction with Director of Catering.
- Coordinates functions with service staff, Chef and Head Steward.Sees that guest satisfaction is achieved through effective supervision and delegation of functions.
- Coordinates with the Stewarding Department
- Briefs waiters on functions and procedure of service.
- Establishes high standards of quality service and maintains them through effective training and continuous upgrading.
- Maintains the equipment entrusted to his care and keeps pars up.
- Maintains records, reports, closing reports and payroll costs.
- Inspects function rooms and writes work orders for the Engineering Department to maintain rooms in excellent condition.
- Conscious of business fluctuations, reacts either increasing of decreasing when volume of business fluctuates up or down.
- Maximizes profits in his department through effective management techniques keeping in mind at all times guest satisfaction.
- Must stay updated on new food and wine trends. Sets the pace and a good example for a successful quality operation.
- Prepare for and conduct departmental meetings.
- Use Synergy and Epitome Reports to effectively relay guest concerns to other departments.
- 8 plus years of previous Banquet experience is desirable in hotel setting
- High School Degree or Equivalent; Some College Preferred.
- Exceptional people skills preferred.
- Must be detail oriented, have excellent communication skills, and the ability to perform professionally under high levels of stress.
- Computer skills required