Overview King Edward Hotel
With its rich history, timeless elegance, and modern hospitality, the Omni King Edward Hotel has been a favourite of both locals and visitors for over 110 years. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, this landmark hotel is just steps away from a wealth of diverse restaurants, tourist hotspots, and shopping centres. It's no wonder the Omni King Edward is the perfect destination for business and leisure travellers alike.
The Omni King Edward Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni King Edward Hotel may be your perfect match
The Food & Beverage Coordinator will handle all administrative duties as required by the Food & Beverage Director.
- Responsible for creation, reconciliation of daily banquet checks.
- Responsible for payroll and schedule functions included but not limited to: inputting schedule, editing punches and submitting departmental payroll.
- In charge of accurate distribution of gratuities for functions in In Room Dining and Banquet Food and Beverage on a daily basis.
- Organize and distribute event orders, change logs, floor plans, leader and associate paper packages and worksheets on a daily basis.
- Create signage for all banquet rooms and labels for Food and Beverage functions.
- Main liaison for all last minute changes or requests from our groups to our team.
- Create and follow up on Banquet work orders for maintenance and repairs in Synergy.
- Maintain stock of office supplies and order additional supplies via Birchstreet for Banquets Department.
- Coordinate with Associate Services and Food & Beverage Management to maintain department bulletin boards, informing associates of items such as Medallia scores, Food and Beverage Marketing initiatives, Power of One, and Power of Engagement and Executive Leadership Team photos.
- Responsible to ensure up to date menus are distributed with hard copies and online.
- Assist with the food and beverage Festive events
- Other Food & Beverage related duties and projects as assigned by Director of Banquets.
- 1-3 years experience as a coordinator in a Banquet environment preferred.
- Previous Food and Beverage experience required.
- Previous 4 or 5 stars hotel experience an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and additional softwares such as: Kronos, Delphi FDC, Opera, Micros, Open Table, Birchstreet and Publisher.
- Be able to carry, push, squat and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Stand, sit or walk for extended period of times.
- Must be well organized, strong multitasker and able to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- French written and verbal knowledge an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and great problem solving abilities.
- Driven, highly responsible, reliable and ethical individual.
- Rotating shift work required (weekends, holidays and evenings).
- May require some weekends and holiday work