Overview Berkshire Place
This luxury New York City Hotel allows you to experience the sophistication of an Upper East Side residence with an enviable location in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. The Omni Berkshire Place is steps away from Fortune 500 companies and some of the city's most illustrious sites like Fifth Avenue Shopping, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, and Broadway Theatres. Combining modern technology and fresh contemporary décor, the reinvented New York City accommodations have a residential feel that will appeal to both business and leisure travelers.
The Omni Berkshire Place's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Berkshire Place may be your perfect match.
To supervise, monitor and review on all site accounting activities including account reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, research, Accounts Receivable billing, credit and collection, and the monitoring of operations systems and procedures and control features.
- Responsible for complete training of staff for job duties of the following positions: Accounts Receivable Clerk; Accounts Receivable Billing Clerk; Accounts Payable Clerk, General Cashier, Income Audit and Paymaster.
- Coordinate all on site accounting functions with the Director of Finance. Act as liaison for all corporate accounting requests.
- Ensure a smooth Accounts Payable process.
- Assist in attaining financial goals.
- Partner with Credit Manager to ensure the timely billing of all direct bill accounts with complete backup and accurate invoices.
- Ensure maintenance of all daily filing of documents needed for research requests from guest and in-house users.
- Ensure all guest disputes and requests for clarification is resolved and/or responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensure an effective tracking system for all rebates/adjustments.
- Work closely with all departments to come up with solutions to Systems & Controls problems.
- Ensure daily balance of Income Audit to Daily Report.
- Complete all general ledger and bank reconciliation.
- Ensure a timely month-end close.
- Produce accurate financial statements.
- Prepare inter-company reconciliation and solve disputes.
- Ensure that daily cash management functions - dial up bank, check balances, reconcile accounts, fax transfers or funding requests are prepared properly.
- Prepare Balance Sheet analysis.
- Must have 4-5 years of accounting experience preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Previous experience as an Assistant Director of Finance in a hotel preferred.
- Must be flexible and able to work some weekends.
- College degree required, preferrable in Accounting or Finance.
End of Job Description