Overview Shoreham Hotel
Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one's career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, "Hibiscus Huddles, "in honor of our company logo.
The Sales Manager creates group revenue for the hotel by generating and/or developing new, referred, and repeat group business in a defined territory.
- To fully develop a specified Group Market Segment with the emphasis on group production especially for mid to large sized groups within a specified geographic territory concentrating on the solicitation of new profitable business and the re-booking of current business.
- To merchandise as skillfully as possible the guest rooms and function space to maximize revenue potential for the hotel and to ensure that the customer has the best possible meeting experience.
- To achieve monthly room night goals; develop and implement sales action plan; maintain positive interdepartmental communications; and complete special projects as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing and Director of Group Sales.
- Adhere to all of the various written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Meet or exceed weekly, quarterly and annual sales goals, targets and initiatives.
- Develop, actively solicit, and map group business accounts per defined territory.
- Maintain a complete database of accounts in defined territories.
- Identify and qualify potential prospects through participating in telemarketing, tradeshows, sales blitzes and other sales initiatives.
- Maximize outcome of all sales initiatives by following up on leads, following up with clients in-house to identify additional business opportunities and aggressively managing accounts.
- Follow all Group Sales Standards of Operation and policies and procedures (generating and completing all necessary forms, correspondence, etc.).
- Properly convey rate and package information within approved limits to maximize and protect our overall resort revenue yields.
- Perform in a manner that demonstrates the philosophies of The Power of One and Omni Hotels in a professional manner to clients and potential clients at every opportunity.
- Maintain customer relations, GSO relations, trade relations, industry relations and staff relations to the Hotel's benefit.
- Promote all Omni Properties and offer information to clients to cross sell the brand, as well and promote other memberships and relationships available for members at participating resorts.
- ork closely with all departments such as Convention Services, Catering and Revenue Management departments to ensure that all details are communicated for to ensure a successful meeting experience.
- Perform other tasks as needed or directed to ensure effective operation.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in business, communications, or hotel management preferred
- Five or years or more related experience in sales work at a meetings/conventions Hotel.
- Must have experience in sales solicitation, contract closing, site inspections/visits with clients, setting up fam trips and contract negotiations.
- Participate in development training with Omni Hotels & Resorts.
- Remain current with all pertinent computer software programs and equipment
- Have working knowledge of all departments.
- Participate in all sales meetings and business reviews.
- Submit SMART Plans & Development Goals as well as Market Place Action Plans quarterly