Location : 4140 ParkLake Ave, Suite 610, Raleigh, NC 27612 Relationships
Reports To: SVP/Market President
Supervises: N/A Basic Function
Assists Relationship Manager(s), commercial customers and prospects with all functions related to commercial loans, deposit services, online banking, and cash management services in order to leverage Lenders' abilities to develop and retain profitable customer relationships. Position also encompasses Construction Loan Administration for commercial loans. Ensures high quality service to client base through communication, problem-resolution and timely, accurate follow-through on behalf of the client and Lender(s). Coordinates and maintains positive customer and fellow employee relationships.
Position would be responsible for special projects as assigned. Position may include minor calling efforts to support customer relationships and business development. General Qualifications
Knowledge: Associate's degree in related business field with knowledge of commercial loan and deposit-processing requirements is required; bachelor's in a related field is preferred. General accounting knowledge is needed, and an understanding of the dynamics of a commercial lending, commercial bank products and services as well as commercial credit principles is helpful.
Experience: Three to five years experience in a commercial or mortgage loan department of a savings institution or bank is necessary. Previous administrative and/or bookkeeping experience and prior teller experience is desired. Paralegal and/or loan servicing experience are helpful.
Skills: Proficient administrative, time management and organizational skills are necessary, as well as the ability to use a personal computer (word processing, spreadsheets, PDF files, and power point) and other office equipment. Well-developed human relations skills with ability to communicate clearly with customers both verbally and in writing are required. Scope of Decisions and Authority
Missing and erroneous documentation have the potential of being costly to the Bank. Customer relations are important to the growth of the loan portfolio. Must be able to take initiative to expedite loans and solve problems with minimal guidance.
- Promotes the growth and prosperity of the Bank by professionally serving the needs of the customer.
- Answers customer inquiries, refers sales opportunities to Commercial Lenders, presents a positive image to all clients, and provides accurate loan and deposit information for customers.
- Assists Lender(s) with all aspects of the lending process including:
1. Light financial statement spreading, tax cash flow worksheets, and/or underwriting worksheets in the interest of timely customer service.
2. Performing UCC lien searches and filings.
3. Term sheets, commitment letters, credit memos, etc.
4. Processing loan applications, including system input to Fi-Serv, Easy Lender, Proactive and typing and mailing verifications, ordering appraisals, surveys, credit reports, environmental reports, and flood certifications.
5. Assisting Lender(s) in completing commercial loan approval packages and ensuring appropriate loan approval signatures are obtained.
6. All aspects of the loan closing process such as ordering appraisals, surveys, obtaining necessary insurance policies and endorsements, life insurance assignments, etc.
7. Coordinating loan closings with Doc Prep, customers, attorneys, and Lender(s).
8. Answering inquiries from customers, realtors, attorneys, and HomeTrust Bank employees on a need to know basis regarding loan status.
9. Coordinating with loan operations to make sure loans are properly set up on systems.
10. Maintaining tickler file and following up on financial statement, tax returns and other required documentation after those items have been assigned to the Lender(s) for follow up.
11. Performing routine loan disbursements for commercial construction loans and lines of credit as well as other general ledger functions for Lender(s) and customers.
12. Maintaining and updating construction loan disbursement forms and following up for executed construction loan advance documentation from customers.
13. Preparing requests for loan modifications using the bank's form.
14. Clear all documentation errors in a timely manner.
15. Provides administrative support for Lender(s), scheduling appointments, typing, composing correspondence, memos, and reports utilizing Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and other software.
16. Handles office duties including phone calls, mail sort, copying, and other support functions.
17. Provides Lender(s) with account maintenance for commercial and retail deposit accounts to include working with deposit services to research existing accounts and appropriately monitor accounts.
18. Serves as a Bank representative to customers and prospects when they call and/or visit the office in Lender's absence.
19. Works as a team internally and across departments. Maintains good working relationship with offices, credit administration, loan operations, deposit services, and mortgage. Coordinates work flow among departments.
20. Performs other duties as requested.
EOE: Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities