Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
Organize and oversee all banquet events. Ensure quality of food, beverage, service and ambiance. Maintain proper staffing and timeliness of events
- Hire staff, discipline staff, evaluate their performance and document all aspects of their employment.
- Training programs both group and individual to stress service, safety and product knowledge.
- Coordinate Supervisors and House Attendants with banquet needs such as food, banquet equipment, tables, chairs, etc.
- Oversee maintenance of all banquet equipment, function spaces and cleanliness of all banquet areas.
- Maintain theme prop inventories and maintenance as well as any other equipment needs such as linen.
- Staff functions for optimum labor costs and maximum service. Write accurate schedules within designated staffing guidelines.
- Maintain uniform inventory and linen inventory. Perform all other administrative functions required and communicate information from management meetings.
- Bi-monthly payroll including tip pool breakdown done accurately and on time.
- Evaluating and pre-planning, being prepared for large groups and special functions including holidays.
- Operate all special events of the hotel coordinating staffing and service. Work in a safe manner at all times and follow all safety procedures as outlined in your Standards of Conduct and Loss Prevention Manual.
- Minimum of two years experience in Banquet Management/Director experience preferably in a 4 or 5 star resort.
- Ability to perform all duties of Banquet staff
- Must have a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to bend, push, pull, lift and stand up to 8 hours.