Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Luxurious comfort embraces pure style at the elegant, four-diamond Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta within the bustling Centennial Park District, this luxury hotel treats you to views of the spectacular downtown skyline or picturesque Centennial Olympic Park. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center is connected to Philips Arena and the Georgia World Congress Center, and it is the closest hotel to the Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Omni CNN's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hotel at CNN Center may be your perfect match.
The Loss Prevention Officer ensures the safety and tranquil stay of hotel guests and employees, to enforce the policies and procedures of the hotel and to record in writing any assigned task. Prepare incident and accident reports accurately and in the format specified by the Loss Prevention Manager.
• Performs Safety/Loss Prevention patrols of the hotel as follows:
o All restaurants
o All Public areas
o Banquet and conference level
o All guest floors
o Executive Offices
o Service areas (heart of the House areas)
o Parking garages
o Hotel exteriors
• Visits all locations requiring special attention as frequently as required
• Responds immediately to emergency incidents and security requests; controls the situation until proper authorities arrive
• Ensures maximum guest, associates and hotel safety and security at all times
• Is courteous, tactful, and helpful, but firm in enforcing hotel policies and procedures
• Reports in writing on pertinent activities during each shift before leaving the hotel, with oral reports and emergency notifications delivered as directed by the established procedures
• Performs duties as assigned by supervisor, and responds to directions from any Executive Committee member or Manager
• Inspects Associates leaving and entering the hotel at the beginning and end of shift, or at any time when an associate leaves the hotel. Collects all package passes and inspects parcels taken from the hotel
• Monitors Closed Circuit Television and alarm systems and monitors the Security of the receiving area
• Confiscates all unauthorized items etc., and notifies the Director of Loss Prevention, Director of Engineering, Human Resources Director and the appropriate department head
• Controls entry into the "Heart of the House" and escorts deliveries to guest rooms.
• Controls hotel key system
• Administers the shipping and receiving of packages and parcels for the hotel and guests.
• Administers the hotel Lost and Found program
• Controls, distributes and maintains hand-held radios
• Performs all necessary administrative requirements of the Loss Prevention Department This includes writing reports, maintaining files, processing work orders, ordering supplies, schedules, and posting bulletin board information
• Safeguards hotel from intruders/trespassers and others not conducting legitimate business within the premises
o Previous security experience preferred
o Must be able to stand/walk for up to 8 hours per shift
o Must be detail oriented
o Must have superior customer service skills
o Must be able to use Microsoft office, email, and be computer proficient
o Able to work overnight nights, PM shifts, weekends, and holidays
o Must become CPR and basic first-aid certified
o Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day, evening, weekends and holidays