Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Luxurious comfort embraces pure style at the elegant, four-diamond Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta within the bustling Centennial Park District, this luxury hotel treats you to views of the spectacular downtown skyline or picturesque Centennial Olympic Park. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center is connected to Philips Arena and the Georgia World Congress Center, and it is the closest hotel to the Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Omni CNN's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hotel at CNN Center may be your perfect match.
The candidate will welcome and seat guests in our restaurant during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The candidate will answer phones, enter reservations, and inform guests of daily specials and menu items. The candidate will ensure all guests are greeted and seated in a friendly and courteous manner. Assist managers and other workers with opening or closing of the restaurant.
• Assist managers in opening and closing.
• Answering phone calls.
• Seating guests.
• Control heavy volume at Restaurant entrance.
• Knowledge of hotel property.
• Inform the guest about buffets.
• Attend to and anticipate guests needs.
• Familiarization with menu.
• Introduce server to guest.
• Greeting guests.
• Knowledge of daily specials.
• Assign guest checks.
• Cashiers should familiarize themselves with daily specials.
• Receives all restaurant checks from the waiter, waitress, or guest and processes them to the proper payment method.
• Balance work with computer.
• Pays tips and/or gratuities out to the waiters and waitresses.
• Counts change fund and secures it in an assigned bank box.
• Assists in seating guest and answering phones for Restaurant and Room Service as needed.
• Takes reservations for outlet as needed.
• Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris or any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being performed safely, efficiently and effectively.
Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
Prior host experience preferred
Must be able to multi task
Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 10lbs without assistance
Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
Must have alcohol training certification (TABC/TIPS)
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.