Overview Shoreham Hotel
Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one's career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, "Hibiscus Huddles, "in honor of our company logo.
The Catering Sales Manager will creatively solicit events such as weddings, galas and social parties in order to exceed revenue goals through active solicitation.
- Solicitation of direct-selling in the local, Corporate Catering market.
- Event planning and detailing for booked events
- Maximize Catering revenues wherever possible and minimize erosion of check averages from price-sensitive groups.
- Communication of function-arrangement to all responsible hotel departments.
- Communication with clients prior to events to initiate, negotiate, and close contracts for all catered functions.
- Creation of profitable menus and distribution of client expectations to Food & Beverage Departments.
- Coordinate Catering support services (flowers, entertainment, decoration, A/V, etc.) to provide complete client satisfaction.
- Physically double-check all function arrangements against specifications of client. Correct where necessary.
- Client contract and effective communication to ensure repeat bookings.
- Update and increase client prospects through active prospecting
- Maximize revenues for the hotel through up-selling techniques.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Catering
- Bachelor's degree in the Hotel or Business Management is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year hotel sales/catering experience and/or successful completion of Omni LID program.
- Knowledge of the operations of the hotel industry.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshoot when needed.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal, with the ability to demonstrate warmth and empathy when engaging with others.
- Must have proven selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Requires knowledge of advanced sales techniques.
- Highly developed customer service skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook. Delphi experience preferred.
- The ability to delegate, effectively train and coach
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays