Location Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Barton Creek Resort & Spa's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged then this is the place for you.
Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Barton Creek may be your perfect match.
Responsible for assisting the Professional Staff and Head Golf Professional in the daily functions of golf operations.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Omni standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the resort.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper attire/uniform and name tag when working.
- Assist the Head Professional and Director of Golf in the daily golf operation.
- Initiate and promote golf activities for guests of Resort and Club.
- Render professional advice, services, and assistance when needed.
- Perform duties and meet requirements for sales, rentals, tournament, golf groups, and services in which the Head Professional and Director of Golf deem necessary.
- Help Golf Professionals manage and oversee player services and player assistants.
- Generate ideas for improving overall standards for the operation.
- Participate in junior golf development
- Provide continuous coaching and mentoring to the staff
- Participate in daily stand-up, monthly OST meetings, and communicating daily with food and beverage staff.
- Ensure the "pace of play" standard is maintained daily.
- Accurately operate point of sale system, verify the accuracy of prices of state and federal taxes and other charges on all sales tickets. Collect green fees and cart fees.
- Assist with physical inventories, as prescribed by Director of Retail and Head Golf Professional.
- Answer telephones to schedule future starting times and communicate information in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Must be registered in the PGA PGM
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong computer skills.
- Experienced in tournament operations.
- Experienced in golf shop merchandising.
- College degree a plus, but not required.
- Must be able to work shifts upwards of 12-16 hours
- Must be able to work outside in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift moderate to heavy weight.
- Must be able to safely and properly operate a golf cart.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .