Our employees are what make The Homestead what it is. Since 1766, they've helped us offer guests an opportunity to enjoy Southern hospitality at its best. Located in the Allegheny Mountains of Virginia, we are a four-season resort that boasts superb restaurant dining experiences, championship golf, spa, winter sports and numerous other activities ideal for families and corporate outings.
Omni Homestead's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Homestead may be your perfect match.
The Water Plant Attendant is responsible for the overall preventative maintenance, repair, and installation of plumbing-related facilities throughout the Hotel property, and is dedicated to providing quality service that exceeds Guest and Member expectations work to create guests for life, by proactively embracing service standards, adhering to safety regulations and gaining the knowledge to assist guests with any and all needs. You will be responsible for water chemical levels for community water supported through water plant.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Previous professional work experience as a plumber/water plant (strongly preferred)
- Two to four years related maintenance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to lift over 40lbs overhead, floor to waist, horizontal, grasping/holding, pushing/pulling, and carrying.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, without aide
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop, overhead reach, have arm/hand movement, and hand/eye coordination for majority of shift.
- Must be flexible in schedule, weekend, holiday and overnight.
- Ability to work in various weather conditions: extreme heat, cold, rain, sun, etc
- Valid US Driver's License, including the ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Record Check (strongly preferred)
All Full-Time, Year-Round Employees of The Homestead receive medical, dental, and vision insurance options, in addition to resort-specific discounts on dining, rooms, retail, and activities. Join our team today! Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .