Location Nashville Hotel
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
To maintain daily role/function of the food, beverage and general storerooms.
- Responsible for filling general storeroom requisitions.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative course of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must remain professional in all situations.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Omni standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing a uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Omni standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Be thoroughly acquainted with all technical equipment to fully utilize its capabilities and extend efficient services to hotel guests.
- Responsible for proper storing and issuing of all products in the food, beverage and general storeroom under the guidance of the food and beverage purchasing manager.
- Stock and store all merchandise received, using the FIFO rotation (First In, First Out).
- Assists in dating groceries when necessary.
- Assists the food and beverage purchasing manager in keeping the storeroom properly organized by placing merchandise in its proper place as directed.
- Strictly adheres to the operating hours of the storeroom.
- Experience in purchasing/receiving and/or previous hotel experience preferred.
- H ighly motivated self-starter focused on quality, organization, cleanliness and teamwork.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks/assignments and while working as a team player.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Must be service oriented and possess a friendly approachable demeanor.
- Ability to read requisitions and complete orders as requested.
- Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and squatting. Lift, carry, and place objects weighing up to 50 lbs without assistance and 100 lbs with assistance.
- Push/pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs without assistance.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, including early morning hours, holidays and weekends.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .