Location Mandalay Hotel
Patterned after the exotic charm of a Burmese city, the Omni Mandalay Hotel in Las Colinas is a unique oasis that puts you close to the business and cultural attractions of Dallas. Located on the Mandalay Canal in Irving, Texas' prestigious Las Colinas Urban Center, the Omni Mandalay invites you to experience the elegance of a luxury hotel with a sophisticated Asian touch.
The Omni Mandalay's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mandalay Hotel in Las Colinas may be your perfect match.
To ensure a safe, efficient, well-maintained hotel environment while providing maintenance services to guests in a courteous, professional and engaging manner.
- Assist hotel guests with any guest room maintenance issues (plumbing, lighting, electrical, painting, etc)
- Perform preventative maintenance responsibilities on all guest rooms as assigned
- Maintain all mechanical items in guest rooms and public areas.
- Work as a team to keep the back of house areas and equipment in safe, good working order.
- Clean all work areas after completing job.
- Assists mechanics and external contractors in repairs of hotel property and equipment.
- Completion of all assigned work orders and daily tasks.
- Receive direction for house calls via radio.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni fire alarm procedures and other emergencies.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni Hotel rules and regulations.
- Have a thorough understanding of OSHA rules and regulations.
- Be familiar with all hotel amenities and hotel facilities
- To be familiar with the inter-relationship between the different departments (to include PBX, Guest Services, Housekeeping, F&B outlets, Banquets, Sales, Engineering and Purchasing)
- Maintain 4 - Star/4 - Diamond Standards of guest service
- Aid guests in locating other areas of the hotel (walk them to destination if possible)
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Effectively operate computer, two way radio, power and hand tools required to complete responsibilities.
- Deliver personalized, memorable guest experiences by utilizing the Power of One
- Perform other duties | special projects as assigned by Engineering Management
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills required
- Must possess painting, basic plumbing, basic electrical, minor carpentry, lighting and/or computer skills.
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
- Prior hotel maintenance experience and/or relevant technical training highly preferred
- Must be able to communicate professionally, efficiently, and effectively with guests
- Other preferred certifications such as; HVAC, Pool, Plumbing, Mechanical, Refrigeration, and Electricial
- Walk, stand, climb, bend, reach over-head, squat and kneel for long periods at a time, as the position requires constant motion. Crawling for short periods of time.
- Move, lift, carry and push items weighing up to 50-100lbs without assistance. Candidates must be able to utilize step stools and ladders effectively.