Location Nashville Hotel
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
To provide the appropriate billings and back up data of the Hotel's functions booked by the Banquet and Sales Departments. Handling of account(s) through settlement and guest satisfaction.
- Daily handling and resolution of check out with balance accounts.
- Maintain neat and organized billing files for completed customer service work.
- Ensure that all billings go out with supporting backup for all charges.
- Audit all banquet charges as well as miscellaneous charges that are posted to master accounts for accuracy.
- Read and understand signed contracts for assigned groups and ensure payment method is set up 10 business days prior to when the contracted group or event arrives.
- Audit city ledger edit for correct information, proper billing address and phone number, complete backup, and correct city ledger number to run statements on a daily basis.
- Maintain billing notes for all billings, indicating the name, account number, payment status and date billed.
- Daily account receivable transfer via computer to corporate accounting.
- Handle all customer inquiries in a timely, efficient manner.
- Handle correspondence and communication to customers, corporate office, as well as our owners regarding billing matters.
- Ensure that all major accounts have received a follow-up call 10 days after the bills have been mailed, and continue to follow-up with 30, 45 and 60 day correspondence if necessary.
- Attend all pre-con meetings for special billing instructions.
- Maintain open communication with all departments.
- Minimum of 1 consecutive year accounting experience within past three years. Hotel accounting experience is strongly preferred. Accounts receivable experience is also strong preferred, although accounts payable, or other accounting administrative experience, including FOH hotel operations will be considered as well.
- College degree or formal accounting education preferred.
- Previous experience in high customer contact environment; with previous experience answering customer questions and handling customer concerns.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions with strong problem solving skills
- Developed computer proficiencies, particularly with Microsoft Office, with ability to operate printer, photocopier and telephone.
- Maintain professional appearance offering a positive experience to all guests.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- The ability to meet scheduling demands to include Monday-Friday office hours and weekends as needed.
- The ability to sit and use a computer/phone for long periods of time.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .