Overview Orlando Resort at Championsgate
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
Coordinates and supervises the execution of all banquet functions to ensure that all services, menu items and activities requested/indicated on the Banquet Event Order are provided within the 4 Star 4 Diamond hotel guidelines.
- Direct, control, and organize the Banquet Department in order to maintain 4 Diamond and 4 star services throughout the operation.
- Make sure that Banquet Department have all the equipment needed to service and to ensure they are maintained and operational at all times.
- Ensure the flow of communication, harmony, teamwork and productivity within the department.
- Organize new hire and associate training programs, resolve associate concerns, hire new staff, and evaluate team member performance on daily, weekly and annual basis.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial reports to ensure that expenditures and staffing levels are aligned with the hotel / company requirements.
- Ensuring legal, health and safety obligations for Food and Beverage.
- Forecast food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned prior to the banquet event.
- Schedule and coordinate Banquet events, attend and implement pre-meal meetings
- Attend Pre-conference and daily BEO meetings.
- Coordinate services required by Stewarding Department.
- Ensures appropriate setup of functions.
- Oversees functions flow smoothly and trouble free
- Follows up with the Captains to assure daily responsibilities are completed.
- Ensures all severs are receiving MOS according to Omni standards
- Investigates and resolves challenges regarding food quality, service, or meeting space.
- Implements a recognition program throughout the operation.
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities.
- Spend sufficient enough time on the floor to observe and collect data to improve daily service.
- Recognize, coach and give immediate feedback.
- All other duties as required.
- Higher Education with a minimum of college degree in Hospitality or Business Diploma.
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of various banquet and food service techniques standards.
- Effective leadership, management, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Be able to make quick decisions and possess good judgment under pressure.
- Excellent business communication and interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Office (excel, word, power point), micros, Delphi, Kronos
- Standing, walking in different areas for long periods of time, lifting 15-20 pounds, bending, pushing a cart full of merchandise, sweep, dust and mop.
- Interior and exterior of hotel, in the restaurant, lounge and kitchen areas, with exposure to extreme temperatures, exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals, exposure to food items and beverages.
- Interior of hotel, in the restaurant, lounge and kitchen areas, with exposure to fluctuating temperatures during outdoor events.
- Exposure to Food and Beverage and some hazardous cleaning chemicals.
Computer and printer, telephone, pen/pencil, photo-copying machine, file folders, filing cabinet and facsimile machine
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .