Location Grove Park Inn
The AAA Four-Diamond Grove Park Inn is noted for understated elegance and southern charm; ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this hotel. The property offers sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, delectable restaurants, a Donald Ross golf course, tennis and fitness center, award winning spa and spacious convention facilities.
Omni Grove Park Inn's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Grove Park Inn may be your perfect match.
The Group Shipping Coordinator is part of the Conference Services team which represents the ultimate in appearance, poise, and attentiveness. (Please refer to appearance standards)
The Group Shipping Coordinator is to provide guidance, support and management of box handling for all meeting planners. The Group Shipping Coordinator will be proactive in planning the receiving and shipping of group packages, prior to and after their arrival. In down times, the Group Shipping Coordinator will assist the Conference Concierge in their roles. A sense of urgency will be a critical responsibility of this position
- Manages all drayage for groups:
- Setting box handling procedures
- Reaching out to groups prior to arrival to plan for services
- Managing exhibit halls/tradeshow vendors with prepayment and scheduling of box receiving/shipping
- Posting charges appropriately for services rendered
- Assists Conference Concierge in their roles when time permits.
- Assists on the conference floor (scheduling is based upon group schedules, including early mornings and late evenings).
- Handles confidential group information (BEO'S, pricing, room rate, guest room numbers and banquet food and beverage pricing).
- Provides timely updates on group issues/opportunities to the DOC/CS and appropriate CSM.
- Remains alert and attentive to guest needs, understanding the image projected represents the total hotel.
- Overcomes guest challenges and complaints in a calm collected manner by listening to the guest. Project the highest ability in solving problems using Power of Engagement training.
- Responds to guest and meeting planner needs in a timely fashion.
- Follows-up with all guests after attending to their problem and ensures the resolution meets their expectations.
- Communicates all necessary information to the hotel departments in a timely and accurate manner via radio, email and/or telephone.
- Provides a daily report to the Hotel (Recap), of any guest service issues.
- Assists guests and co-workers as necessary during an emergency or evacuation.
- Proven customer service skills
- Able to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Prior experience in shipping/receiving preferred
- Familiar with Hotel/Resort environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Delphi and/or Micros experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Lift up to 50 lbs