Overview Severin Hotel
Ideally located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, the four-diamond Omni Severin Hotel stands as the city's longest running luxury hotel and a beautifully restored piece of the city's history. The hotel elegantly combines the grandeur of the early 1900's with the modern amenities and superior service of today, and offers memorable experiences that are within walking distance to many leisure, business and cultural attractions.
Associates at the Omni Severin Hotel enjoy a safe and nurturing environment where anything is possible to make their career with Omni Hotels a reality. The pride in our associates, the engagement of our guests and the spirit of "Hoosier Hospitality" are just a few examples of why we are the employer of choice in the Indianapolis area. If you are a people pleaser, self motivated, and live to serve others, the Omni Severin Hotel is the hotel for you.
The Director of Rooms is responsible for the performance of the Rooms Division, including Front Desk, Housekeeping, Laundry, Loss Prevention and Mini-bar. This is an executive level position reporting to the General Manager. The successful candidate demonstrates their ability to produce balanced financial, guest experience and associate satisfaction outcomes.
- Oversight of all front office operations including front desk, concierge, bell/door associates and valet parking operations (outsourced) along 4/5 star guidelines
- Insuring the quality and productivity of housekeeping/laundry (in-house) functions that guarantee the cleanliness of all guest areas, high levels of personal service delivered by housekeeping associates and a stable work force.
- Excellence in appearance of all areas throughout the hotel
- Producing constant improvement in guest experience satisfaction metrics
- Showing year-over-year improvement in associate satisfaction scores throughout the division including maintaining low turnover and high promotion-from-within ratings
- Controlling payroll and direct expenses in line with the budget and varying levels of business using corporate-wide technology and other systems
- Participation in weekly forecasting and scheduling activities
- Providing assistance in developing the annual hotel budget
- Preparation of action plans as directed by management
- Daily reviews of operating outcomes (including corrective action if required)
- Maintaining high visibility with associates and guests
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalency required.
- Must have previous experience in all aspects of the Rooms Division in a property of similar size and quality for a period of five or more years.
- Experience in forecasting & scheduling, daily reviews and analysis of operating results preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer is necessary (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to nurture managers-in-training.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Must be able to work closely and communicate with all associates, departments, guests, and clients in a professional manner.
- Must be highly service-oriented.