Overview Dallas Hotel at Park West
The elegant Omni Dallas at Park West puts you close to the best attractions of dynamic Dallas, Texas. Located near vibrant Las Colinas Business District, and only 10 minutes from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, this 12-story luxury hotel invites you to experience elegance with neoclassical distinction.
The Omni Dallas at Park West's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Dallas at Park West may be your perfect match.
To discuss meeting room arrangements with planner and to communicate this information through respective hotel department heads via a conference/meeting resume.
- Prepare resumes for groups ten days prior to group arrival and review all details in weekly Staff Meeting.
- Adhere to the Catering and Conference Services Department's standard operating procedures.
- Help establish and maintain hotel's marketplace position at the city's most elite venue within social and corporate communities.
- Follow the specific standard operation procedures for all staff in order to promptly and thoroughly handle all steps in the event planning process adhering to the standards of hotel protocol.
- Ensure all site inspections and client visits to the hotel are successful by planning carefully and communicating accurate details in advance to all departments.
- Proactively achieve consistently high Medallia scores through establishing a good rapport with the client, preparation work having been done accurately and being visible during the conference to ensure the client's expectations have been met.
- Generate high revenue yielding business for all contracted rooms, function space, and catered events.
- Conduct pre- and post-conference meetings when it is agreeable with the client.
- Ensure all current and future client accounts are serviced in accordance with hotel standards.
- Communicate with banquet managers for all related banquet functions, and communicate client requests to relevant departments.
- Ensure banquet event orders are accurate and provide all relevant information to departments concerned 15 days prior to event start time.
- Adhere to selling policies as set forth by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Remain available to hotel managers while on property.
- Be aware of departmental revenue and up sell at every possible opportunity
- Coordinate all aspects of events as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing to include but not limited to: food and beverage requirements, timing of events, audio-visual requirements, special attention to guests, room type allocation, rooming list, amenities, function room set up, group transportation, type of check in, check out to include satellite check in, special meal requests, arrival/departure manifests, bag pulls, luggage storage, complimentary rooms, billing instructions, authorized signatures, room deliveries, telephone and internet requirements, box storage and delivery, power requirements, key requirements, expected food and beverage outlet usage, group hospitality/office/registration desk requirements, business center requirements, entertainment, leisure activities, décor (to include floral) requirements.
Other duties as assigned by Director of Catering/CS or Director of Sales and Marketing.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years hotel sales/catering experience and/or successful completion of Omni LID program.
- Knowledge of the operations of the hotel industry.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshoot when needed.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal, with the ability to demonstrate warmth and empathy when engaging with others.
- Must have proven selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Requires knowledge of advanced sales techniques.
- Highly developed customer service skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook. Delphi experience preferred.
- The ability to delegate, effectively train and coach
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.