Location Los Angeles Hotel
From sunny beaches to world-class entertainment, the city of Los Angeles is a great place to live, work and play. The four-diamond Omni Los Angeles Hotel is located in downtown's cultural district. The hotel is adjacent to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, MOCA and numerous other entertainment destinations.
Currently ranked #1 by Trip Advisor for Best Downtown Hotels in Los Angeles, the Omni Los Angeles strives to provide the highest quality product and customer service to each and every guest. Omni Hotels & Resorts believes in The Power of One, the practice of empowering every associate to do their best to ensure our guests feel comfortable and appreciated. This philosophy is the reason why the Omni Los Angeles has been so successful in customer satisfaction throughout the years. It is our mission to inspire and reward our associates, and we are committed to being the employer of choice in the hospitality industry. If you are a friendly, motivated individual, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Los Angeles Hotel may be your perfect match.
Plan, prep, set up and provides quality service in all areas of hot food production to include, but not limited to hot menu items, banquets hot food and garde manger, restaurant pantry, hot line specials, and vegetables plating guide specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
- Responsible for full knowledge of menu and recipes.
- Complete daily job tasks including preparation of menu items without constant supervision.
- Maintain daily product freshness on hot line and pantry station.
- Communicate to Supervisors and Chef the needs and requirements of the kitchen.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety regulations.
- Perform other assigned duties as needed.
- Previous line cook experience required.
- Flexible scheduling to include weekends and holidays.
- Must have valid California Food Handler's card
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to transport pots and pans of food from storage/prep areas to the serving line.
- Ability to work in a hot and noisy environment.
- Ability to comprehend and follow recipes.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours per day.