Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Luxurious comfort embraces pure style at the elegant, four-diamond Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta within the bustling Centennial Park District, this luxury hotel treats you to views of the spectacular downtown skyline or picturesque Centennial Olympic Park. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center is connected to Philips Arena and the Georgia World Congress Center, and it is the closest hotel to the Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Omni CNN's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hotel at CNN Center may be your perfect match.
The Function Space Coordinator's primary responsibility will be to ensure we are maximizing our business opportunities through our space commitments. Knowledge of the group market, rooms to space ratio policies and pattern management are all critical components to the success of this position. Understanding the importance of space management and implementing standard booking practices will be a key to our future success. The Function Space Coordinator will be responsible for developing, training and implementing all space management strategies to generate and maximize overall revenues.
• Attend Business Review and assist DOSM, DORM and DOCS in reviewing future group opportunities ensuring space requests meet Hotel's rooms / space policies.
• Verify that revenue and profit are maximized by effectively calculating displacement.
• Manage team to maintain effective use of meeting space that drives maximum group occupancy while verifying that the group customer's needs and expectations have been met.
• Identify dates that require function space to be released, along with the managers assigned to the group.
• Every two weeks the Function Space Coordinator will review the list with the appropriate managers and department heads.
• Maintain a running list of all Group contracts with "unique" clauses i.e. abnormal cutoff dates, guaranteed specific room types, etc.
• Ensure all addendums are reflected in the property management system.
• Ensure space is blocked appropriately for both sales and catering groups
• Develop strategies and solutions with the sales manager and conference service team to identify previously signed definite groups where space has been over committed and the Hotel has rooms to sell.
• Identify "need dates" where there's a significant opportunity to secure additional group or local catering business should space be released by an existing group(s).
• Eliminate or minimize 24 hour all space holds.
• Assist in the execution of the file turnover process. Review and audit definite file turnovers to ensure space is blocked according to contract.
• Review and approve all definite group space addendums.
• Maintain Ballroom availability document.
• Perform daily and weekly function space diary audits to identify conflicts and double bookings and ensure that the adequate space is protected for each group's pattern.
• Review lost business / turndown reports daily to ensure we did not miss a booking opportunity.
• Provide group histories to other properties and request them as needed.
• Cross check the daily transaction report against space releases on file.
• Support the DORM with adhoc report generation.
• Additional responsibilities prior to a contract being signed include review of contract clauses that deviate from our standard contract (i.e. abnormal cutoff dates, lack of rate increases for extra persons, cancel/replace clause, etc.).
• Additional post contract signing responsibilities include maintenance of the 18 month calendar. Lead monthly meeting to review the calendar ensuring seamless transition from sales to service, highlighting unique contract clauses (i.e. groups with inventory review dates).
• Previous hotel experience preferred
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include: AM/PM, weekends, holidays
• Basic Microsoft Office knowledge
• Familiarity with Delphi FDC strongly preferred