Location Austin Hotel Downtown
Located in the Live Music Capital of the World, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown is a walking distance from the 6th Street Entertainment District. Omni is a magnificently appointed luxury hotel with the heart of the thriving downtown business center at your doorstep; you'll be just steps away from the Austin Convention Center and the Texas State Capitol.
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown may be your perfect match.
This position will ensure all guests are greeted and seated in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Greet guests when entering the restaurant with a pleasant smile and superior customer service
- Seat guests by finding a clean, available table, pulling out chairs, and placing clean menu in front of guest
- Answer phone and record reservations for large parties
- Control high volume outside of restaurant
- Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety and well being of guests
- Assist servers when needed
- Thank every guest upon departure, invite them to return, and wish them a fond farewell
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior host experience preferred
- Must be able to multi task
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 10lbs without assistance
- Must be able to work 7am-3pm as well as flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must have alcohol training certification (TABC/TIPS)
- Must have Food Handler permit (where applicable)