Overview Austin Hotel at Southpark
Just moments away from the excitement of downtown Austin, the State Capitol and the 6th Street Entertainment District; the Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark is an exciting place to work. With a premier location in the heart of a world-renowned city, the Omni Southpark is at the center of it all.
Omni Southpark's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Southpark may be your perfect match.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing most of the day to day functions of the Associate Services Department at the property. Under the direction of the Complex Human Resources Director, he/she will manage employee relations, benefit programs, worker's compensation, compensation & performance appraisals, recruitment, compliance matters, training & development and more.
- Administer wage and compensation increases and performance appraisals according to the property's budget and guidelines. Makes detailed recommendations to the Complex Director for yearly changes to meet market demands.
- Administers the company's benefits programs at the property, ensuring Associates are well informed about options and Omni's approach to enrollment and changes is successfully implemented at the property level.
- Ensures the property keeps and maintains reporting and compliance as required by state, local and federal law. Example: "OFCCP" reports are created and maintained to standard throughout the year, files are saved and organized according to the File Retention Schedule and required certifications, driving records and licenses are maintained.
- Manage leave of absence programs and workplace accommodations in accordance with Omni policy and the law. Escalate challenge or complex leaves and accommodations issues and questions to the Complex Director of Human Resources for review.
- Manage the "checkbook" and "budget" of the Associate Services Department ensuring accuracy and forecasting directives are met according to Omni Standards.
- Provide support where needed to the Complex HR Director in the development of an annual budget, providing key metrics and recommendations as needed.
- Achieve the property's hiring and promotion needs by implementing an energetic and proactive recruitment process. Post, publicize and reach out to sources proactively to bring high-quality candidates to the table. Follow Omni guidelines for the tracking, offering and checking on references and backgrounds.
- Implement new hire on-boarding in compliance with Omni standards, ensuring our new hires get the best possible start.
- Implement the company and property-specific training and development programs. Make recommendations to the Complex Director for new programs and approaches that meet our evolving needs.
- Assist the Complex Director of Human Resources in monitoring and ensuring hotel compliance with state and federal labor laws.
- Handle associate relations issues as they arise - includes being available to associates who wish to discuss issues of concern, making notes and documentation of such issues, research and investigation, and following up with actions as needed. Seek the Complex Human Resources Director's involvement where needed on challenging issues or issues that may involve "red flags".
- Bachelor's degree required
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) certification by SHRM or other similar accreditation / advanced certification preferred
- Minimum of two years' experience in Human Resources. At least one year of Human Resources leadership experience.
- Experience in hotels/resorts strongly preferred
- Spanish language skills are a plus