Our employees are what make The Homestead what it is. Since 1766, they've helped us offer guests an opportunity to enjoy Southern hospitality at its best. Located in the Allegheny Mountains of Virginia, we are a four-season resort that boasts superb restaurant dining experiences, championship golf, spa, winter sports and numerous other activities ideal for families and corporate outings.
Omni Homestead's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Homestead may be your perfect match.
The Landscaping & Grounds Manager is repsonsible for the overall maintenance, upkeep, and future planning of the Resort Grounds facilities.
- Assist the Director of Engineering in the full upkeep of the preventative maintenance, including the keeping of logs on work done, scheduling and the assignment of projects and other related tasks.
- Assist the Director of Engineering in the procurement of supplies and the issuance of purchase orders.
- Review work orders and assign work by priorities.
- Maintain up-to-date inventories of repair and maintenance supplies.
- Respond to guest requests.
- Work with the Grounds staff and coordinate their activities.
- Assume full responsibility for the Grounds Dept.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni's fire alarm procedures and emergency evacuation.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni's job scenarios.
- Must be familiar with Omni's Systems and Services procedures.
- Horticulture Degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience
- Previous management experience, with responsibility for a team of 10+ associates, including development and disciplinary responsibility
- Previous oversight and management of 20+ acres of land (resort experience, strongly preferred)
- Previous experience with heavy equipment operation
- Proactive and forward-thinking mindset
- Project planning / project management experience
All Full-Time, Year-Round Employees of The Homestead receive medical, dental, and vision insurance options, in addition to resort-specific discounts on dining, rooms, retail, and activities. Join our team today! Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .