Location Dallas Hotel
The Omni Dallas Hotel, in the center of the revitalized downtown Dallas, is connected via sky bridge to the Dallas Convention Center and close to restaurants, shops, entertainment and more! The Omni Dallas Hotel is built to meet the U.S. Green Building Council LEED Gold Certification standards, placing it on the forefront of environmental awareness and conservation in the city.
The Omni Dallas Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Dallas Hotel may be your perfect match.
To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Director and Assistant Director of Engineering. Provides assistance in all operational aspect of the Engineering Department.
- Assist the Director of Engineering / Assistant Director of Engineering/ Engineering Manager in the full upkeep of the preventative maintenance, including the keeping of logs on work done, scheduling and the assignment of projects and other related tasks.
- Assist the Director of Engineering and the Assistant Director of Engineering the procurement of supplies and the issuance of purchase orders.
- Review work orders and assign work by priorities.
- Maintain up-to-date inventories of heat, light & power and repair and maintenance supplies.
- Respond to guest requests.
- Work with the Engineering staff on a shift basis and coordinates their activities.
- Assume the full responsibility for the Engineering Department in the absence of the Director of Engineering and Assistant Director of Engineering.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni's fire alarm procedures and emergency evacuation.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni's job scenarios.
- Must be familiar with Omni's Systems and Services procedures.
- Technical/specialized training required.
- Candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work based on business levels and occupancy levels.
- May be required to work long hours and work in a high paced environment where a sense of urgency is mandatory.
- Candidate must be organized and manage his/her time as there will be more than one task starting at the same time.
- Candidate must be able to not only follow direction but be able to think on their feet.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with the hotels guests.
- Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC knowledge is required.