Overview Grove Park Inn
The AAA Four-Diamond Grove Park Inn is noted for understated elegance and southern charm; ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this hotel. The property offers sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, delectable restaurants, a Donald Ross golf course, tennis and fitness center, award winning spa and spacious convention facilities.
Omni Grove Park Inn's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Grove Park Inn may be your perfect match.
To ensure that all Banquets and other Food and Beverage outlets have the required quantities of sanitized equipment/supplies to meet the business needs of the hotel.
- Direct supervision of the stewarding supervisors on a daily basis, ensuring policies and processes are being followed and inspecting operational flow on a continuous basis.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective running of the Stewarding Department ensuring that operating costs are minimized.
- To execute company and hotel policies and procedures relating to the Stewarding Department, thereby ensuring that the services provided achieve the established standards of performance, within the agreed budgetary controls.
- To advise the Executive Steward and Executive Chef on all matters relating to the Stewarding Department.
- To be responsible for a high standard of sanitation throughout the Stewarding areas.
- To assist the Executive Chef in the preparation of the Stewarding Department budget. When agreed, should control all overheads throughout the oncoming year to report to the Executive Chef all variances from actual and budget with reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
- To work with the Executive Chef on the purchasing of all cleaning supplies, china, glassware, cutlery and other discussed equipment.
- Responsible for storage, requisitioning, inventory, and purchasing of all materials and equipment assigned to the stewarding department.
- Assisting in taking and calculating of material stock (inventory) as required on a quarterly basis.
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef, establish standards of performance, labor, and financial, for the Stewarding Department.
- Maintaining all equipment to a high standard, i.e.: dishwashers, burnishers, etc., and reporting to maintenance any defects.
- Manage the scheduling and payroll functions of the department.
- Manage and maintain the appraisal process for the department.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 1 year stewarding management experience
- 1 year previous experience at a resort in the Food and Beverage division