Overview Grove Park Inn
The AAA Four-Diamond Grove Park Inn is noted for understated elegance and southern charm; ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this hotel. The property offers sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, delectable restaurants, a Donald Ross golf course, tennis and fitness center, award winning spa and spacious convention facilities.
Omni Grove Park Inn's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Grove Park Inn may be your perfect match.
The Manager position is responsible for the delivery of 4 diamond service in the Restaurant.
- Oversees a staff of approximately 40 associates with the support of a Restaurant General Manager, Managers, and Supervisors.
- Maintains food | beverage standards and a consistent guest experience as documented by Medallia and ability to execute all Omni Hotels facility standards and guidelines.
- To ensure a smooth, efficient, and economic operation in restaurant. To specify and purchase supplies, and record all data pertaining to the Outlets.
- To maintain a highly motivated and trained staff that continually strives for excellence in service.
- Constantly monitor and control all labor cost for Outlet departments, achieving targeted payroll.
- To maintain restaurant turnover at an acceptable level.
- Close coordination and communication with other internal departments.
- Monitor all guest requests to ensure they are met within the prescribed time limits.
- Inspect and tour the restaurant several times daily, ensuring that they are clean, inviting, and project a 4-Diamond/4-Star quality.
- Other duties as assigned by Restaurant General Manager.
- Be actively engaged with our guests and all hotel associates
- Encourage staff to create unique, personalized WOW moments at every opportunity
- Minimum of 2 years Food & Beverage Management experience, preferably in a luxury 4 diamond hotel. When considering experience, managerial skills, leadership talents, administrative experience and a hospitality professional mindset will be considered.
- Candidates must demonstrate a proven track record of successfully managing in an upscale Food & Beverage environment; with strong front of the house experience.
- Developed proficiency with forecasting, cost controls and scheduling through related experience.
- Proven leadership skills which support an environment of employee growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshoot when needed.
- Must be service and detail oriented; possessing a friendly approachable demeanor and strong problem-solving skills.
- Computer proficiency; to include Microsoft Office and Windows. Micros POS experience preferred. Experience managing payroll.
- Bachelor degree or an Associate Degree (minimum 2 years of higher education).
- The ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and lift/push/pull up to 40 lbs.
- TIPS Certification preferred .
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.