Location Bedford Springs Resort
Join our award-winning team of associates at the luxurious and exquisite Omni Bedford Springs Resort. More than just a sought-after destination for travelers worldwide, the Bedford Springs Resort flawlessly combines a rich history and historic charm with all of the modern conveniences one would expect from a four-diamond hotel property. After undergoing a $120 million restoration in 2007, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort offers unparalleled service and amenities to thousands of travelers each year.
Our Omni Bedford Springs associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort may be your perfect match.
The main purpose of the Rooms Controller/Front Desk Lead is to ensure all rooms prior to arrival are pre-blocked due to their requests. They are also to keep updated with current levels of occupancy to make necessary changes.
- Focus on the detailed reports for 72 hours in advance to ensure guest satisfaction is at its highest level.
- When business levels are high, assist the front desk with the check in and check out process.
- Ensure that the hotel is balanced with its room types to make sure all guests receive proper rooms.
- Make accurate and decisive leadership decisions to assist the front desk with guest challenges.
- Handle any and all billing questions the guests have.
- Completion of all Opera reports that are focused on blocking certain room types for guests.
- Blocking and balancing the house in accordance to the selling strategy and availability.
- Ensuring that guests are checked into rooms according to their preferences and arrival times.
- Prepare group/VIP key packets and arrivals.
- Place rooms in OOO status and communicate with Housekeeping and Engineering.
- Work closely with Revenue Management to help control the overbooking process.
- Hold team members accountable when checklist items are not being completed.
- Must be able to supervise area in the absence of the Assistant Front Desk Manager and Director of Front Office.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions Include But Are Not Limited Too:
- Other functions not listed deemed necessary by the Assistant Front Desk Manager and Director of Front office.
Be fluent in all Microsoft products. Outlook, Work, Excel.
Understand hotel program Opera to assist with all hotel related projects.
Be creative with creating new processes to help assist our guests.
Understanding of Kronos time systems, Ontrack Scheduling Systems and Birchstret ordering systems. Tools and Equipment:
Computers, Printers, Key Machines, Walki Talkies. Phones, Fax Machine. Working Environment:
- Interior and on occasion exterior of hotel with exposure to weather conditions.