Overview Mount Washington Hotel
As grand as the history behind it, the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, is gracious in ambiance and generous in amenities. A favorite New England retreat of presidents, poets and celebrities, the hotel delights every sense with enchanting music, refined dining and luxurious décor.
Omni Mount Washington Resorts associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Mount Washington Resort is committed to serve our associates and nurture their growth. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment each day. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mount Washington Resort may be your perfect match.
The role of the Fabyan's Manager is to ensure proper training and supervision of all personnel. To deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures.
- To consistently insure the maximum guest information in the restaurant.
- Pre-meal meeting conducted with service staff on a daily basis.
- Supervision of floor during operation.
- Insure that service personnel follow service scenario.
- Monitor timing of guest experience.
- Handle all complaints to the guests' satisfaction.
- To maintain a consistently smooth running operation.
- Service staff on duty as scheduled.
- Kitchen, stewarding and cashier staff on duty as scheduled.
- Side-stands fully stocked with equipment.
- All side-work complete.
- Coffee, and roll warming equipment functioning.
- Insure station rotation in seating.
- Assist in seating or service of guests as necessary.
- Coordinate all functions in dining room during service.
- Monitor productivity of service, kitchen and stewarding staff.
- To monitor and critique the quality and consistency of the food product.
- Special boards and/or descriptions posted accurately.
- Continuously check food quality and presentation coming from kitchen.
- Maintain food displays during service.
- Monitor guest satisfaction and comments regarding food.
- To be familiar with clients so that there is constant recognition of all repeat guests.
- Reservations reviewed on a daily basis.
- Reservations checked against the VIP list from the front desk.
- All special attention details handled properly.
- To maintain the physical atmosphere and cleanliness of the restaurant.
- Staff's uniform and appearance meet specifications.
- Tabletops set to specifications.
- All menus inspected daily by hostess.
- During service, constantly inspect tabletops, side-stations and tray stands.
- All equipment in good condition and clean.
- All work areas maintained neat, orderly and clean.
- All lights and music adjusted appropriately for each meal period.
- To contribute to the profitability of the restaurant through cost control effectiveness.
- Administrative responsibilities:
- Monthly budget
- Monthly volume forecast
- Weekly volume forecast
- Weekly schedule
- Staffing requirements
- Weekly payroll forecast
- Payroll computation
- Bar controls and procedures
- Beverage cost
- Beverage requisitioning
- Food requisitioning
- Assist in end-of-month inventory
- Bar and dining room security
Restaurant Specific Essential Functions:
- Constantly perform positive up-selling techniques with service staff.
- Expedite table turnover and table resetting.
- Implement sales promotions and merchandising programs.
- Be familiar with all beverage-related procedures and equipment and assist the cashier when needed.
- Charge procedures
- House charge procedures
- Check control
- Meal period change
- Know and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Know emergency procedures (including CPR) and work to prevent accidents.
- Be familiar with and enforce all policies related to liquor liability laws. Specifically:
- Dramshop Theory - Prohibiting sale of liquor to intoxicated guests.
- Prohibiting sale of liquor to minors.
- Perform any and all other duties assigned and/or required by management.
- Maintain knowledge of local special events and holidays
- Forecast revenue and staffing needs in coordination with upcoming weather conditions resort guest forecasts.
- Train and supervise associates on proper and safe alcohol service and protocol.
- Develop relationships with local patrons and create a "hometown environment".
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Must have previous supervisory or management experience.
Must have previous food and beverage experience.