Location Austin Hotel Downtown
Located in the Live Music Capital of the World, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown is a walking distance from the 6th Street Entertainment District. Omni is a magnificently appointed luxury hotel with the heart of the thriving downtown business center at your doorstep; you'll be just steps away from the Austin Convention Center and the Texas State Capitol.
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown may be your perfect match.
To assist servers in any way possible to ensure proper, prompt and courteous service to all guests.
- Assist servers during meal period (remove extra settings, pour water, refill beverages, keep ice supplied)
- Set up expo and back station
- Set tables with clean linen, china, glassware and silverware
- Ensure furniture and floors are clean and arranged according to restaurant specifications
- Prepare/breakdown coffee and tea station
- Cut lemons and prepare butter
- Preset breadbaskets lined with napkins, prepare bread, and put bread in warmers
- Stock needed supplies (stock expo and back station, stock side stands, stock refrigerator with milk and cream)
- Set up and breakdown buffets for lunch and breakfast; maintain cleanliness in buffet area, refrigerators, hot and cold wells
- Pick up linen, fold napkins, polish silverware and glassware, and drop dirty linen in laundry. Replenishes items at the end of shift needed for following day
- Assist chef with prep items
- Dust all tables to include table legs
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- TABC and Food Handler certifications are required
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .