Our employees are what make The Homestead what it is. Since 1766, they've helped us offer guests an opportunity to enjoy Southern hospitality at its best. Located in the Allegheny Mountains of Virginia, we are a four-season resort that boasts superb restaurant dining experiences, championship golf, spa, winter sports and numerous other activities ideal for families and corporate outings.
Omni Homestead's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Homestead may be your perfect match.
A Pastry Cook 1 will demonstrate advanced skills & techniques in all related aspects while working with little, or no, supervision, including, but not limited to: tiered cakes, icing, fondant, sugar and chocolate sculpting. As a Pastry Cook 1, you are expected to assist and coach all Pastry Cook 2s (intermediate level) and Pastry Cook 3s (entry level) throughout your shift, supporting a positive learning environment.
- Food Handlers Certification
- Previous pastry experience in a professional kitchen / bakery
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, and stand for 8-12 hours per shift
- Previous experience working with a variety of mediums: chocolates, sugar, cakes, baked goods, breads, etc.
- Modern and innovative design and plating style
- Previous experience working in a fine dining pastry kitchen (strongly preferred)
- Previous culinary or pastry experience working in a high-volume restaurant (preferred)
- Culinary Degree (preferred)
All Full-Time, Year-Round Employees of The Homestead receive medical, dental, and vision insurance options, in addition to resort-specific discounts on dining, rooms, retail, and activities. Join our team today! Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .