A global company in the Black Mountain area is looking for a Material Specialist . This is currently a temporary position, however, for the right fit it could be a long term opportunity.
Responsible for the administration of activities related to the scheduling and procurement of purchases to support three (3) manufacturing sites. This position is also responsible for procurement activities for outside processes. Basic supply chain experience, organization, and communication skills are essential. Basic knowledge of ERP systems and controls (IFS, SAP, etc.) are required.
• Monitors system generated requirements for processing of Requests for Quotation, Purchase Order release needs against requirements. These requirements can include, but are not limited to, review of requirements (Company and Customer) including drawing revisions and requirements, quotation, negotiation, purchase order releases
• Frequently contacts suppliers through various communications channels to ensure RFQs and PO status is known, document, and changes are addressed including, but not limited to, bringing issues to the attention of Procurement staff, Planners, and Management
• Provides ideas and collaborates with others for alternate plans in the event of unforeseen contingencies
• Works collaboratively with other functions including Contracts & Programs, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and other company locations, etc. to achieve purchasing and planning objectives
• Monitors supplier performance and keeps Procurement Supervision and other affected personnel informed of existing or potential problems
• Monitors system generated requirements processing purchases against those requirements. To include, but not limited to, review of requirements (Company and Customer) including drawing revisions and requirements, quotation, negotiation, purchase order release and all subsequent follow up
• Assists in the identification and development of new sources of supply
• Attends Production Meetings and other production-related meetings on behalf of the Purchasing and Planning Departments to record actions, report back to the Purchasing and Planning groups, provide updates to various groups in attendance, and engage with other functional areas to ensure smooth and efficient production flow
• Review and provide updates on various forms of production communications tools including, but not limited to, RAILs, ERPS, and memorandum
• Other duties as assigned
• Demonstrated communication abilities with a focus on problem solving. High level of interpersonal skills to work within a team environment
• Basic understanding of production flow and purchasing principles
• Drives for performance, tenacious, meets commitments, plans contingencies
• Organized, capable of multitasking and setting priorities
• Detail oriented
• Makes timely, effective decisions, uses financial, quantitative and quantitative data
• Demonstrates a commitment to Quality and Continuous Improvement
• Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate across all functions and with all levels of the organization
Education & Experience
• Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred (or ability to complete a Bachelor's degree within one (1) year of starting employment). Degree focus in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field preferred.
• 2 to 5 years planning and/or purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment required.
• Working knowledge of ERP systems (IFS, SAP, etc.) required, Basic knowledge specific to IFS preferred.
Schedule is 8am to 4:30pm Monday - Friday. Pay is $14/hr. Call today to start immediately!
Express Office: Asheville
1979 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803