Location Los Angeles Hotel
From sunny beaches to world-class entertainment, the city of Los Angeles is a great place to live, work and play. The four-diamond Omni Los Angeles Hotel is located in downtown's cultural district. The hotel is adjacent to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, MOCA and numerous other entertainment destinations.
Currently ranked #1 by Trip Advisor for Best Downtown Hotels in Los Angeles, the Omni Los Angeles strives to provide the highest quality product and customer service to each and every guest. Omni Hotels & Resorts believes in The Power of One, the practice of empowering every associate to do their best to ensure our guests feel comfortable and appreciated. This philosophy is the reason why the Omni Los Angeles has been so successful in customer satisfaction throughout the years. It is our mission to inspire and reward our associates, and we are committed to being the employer of choice in the hospitality industry. If you are a friendly, motivated individual, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Los Angeles Hotel may be your perfect match.
Provides technical and administrative assistance to the PM Sous Chef and ensures effective operation of the kitchen and food production outlets.
- Scheduling of staff according to budget and business forecast.
- Develop additions to the menu. Work with Sous Chef to create new menus.
- Conduct daily meetings with servers and kitchen staff to discuss additions to menu and to resolve any operational concerns.
- Training of new hires and staff as needed.
- Responsible for product availability for restaurant and In Room Dining.
- Direct proper sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment.
- Direct proper maintenance of all walk-in coolers, including rotation of food products and cleanliness.
- Monitor control over daily food production.
- Ensure safety procedures are being followed.
- Monitor staff attendance, clocking in procedures, and breaks.
- Conducts kitchen department meetings.
- 3 to 5 years of culinary experience, preferably in Hospitality.
- Culinary education preferred but not required.
- Must have valid CA Food Handlers Certification.
- Must be able to work evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to stand and walk for an entire 8 hour working shift.
- Must be able to communicate in English with co-workers, management, and guests to their understanding.
- Must be able to read and follow recipes. Must be able to write recipes for others to follow.