Overview Parker House Hotel
As you pass through the sculpted bronze doors of this luxury Boston hotel, you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Omni Parker House a landmark since 1855. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at America's oldest continuously-operating hotel.Located on the Freedom Trail, guests enjoy grand views of historic downtown Boston, distinguished décor and thoughtful amenities that are evident in every striking detail in each of the 551 luxurious guest rooms. Walk to Beacon Hill, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Quincy Market, the Financial District, shopping and more. Just 2.5 miles (10-15 minutes) from Logan International Airport. Come join us and our family and create your own history as an employee of this historic property.
The Group Sales Manager creates group revenue for this grand and historic hotel by generating and/or developing new, referred, and repeat group business in a defined territory.
- To fully develop the Corporate Group Market Segment with the emphasis on group production especially for mid-sized groups under 200 rooms peak within a specified geographic territory concentrating on the solicitation of new profitable business.
- To merchandise as skillfully as possible the guest rooms and function space to maximize revenue potential for the hotel and to ensure that the customer has the best possible meeting experience.
- To achieve monthly room night goals; develop and implement sales action plan; maintain positive interdepartmental communications; and complete special projects as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing and Director of Group Sales.
- Adhere to all of the various written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Meet or exceed weekly, quarterly and annual sales goals, targets and initiatives.
- Develop, actively solicit, and map group business accounts per defined territory.
- Maintain a complete database of accounts in defined territories.
- Identify and qualify potential prospects through participating in telemarketing, tradeshows, sales blitzes and other sales initiatives.
- Maximize outcome of all sales initiatives by following up on leads, following up with clients in-house to identify additional business opportunities and aggressively managing accounts.
- Follow all Group Sales Standards of Operation and policies and procedures (generating and completing all necessary forms, correspondence, etc.).
- Properly convey rate and package information within approved limits to maximize and protect our overall resort revenue yields.
- Perform in a manner that demonstrates the philosophies of The Power of One and Omni Hotels in a professional manner to clients and potential clients at every opportunity.
- Maintain customer relations, GSO relations, trade relations, industry relations and staff relations.
- Promote all Omni Properties and offer information to clients to cross sell the brand, as well and promote other memberships and relationships available for members at participating resorts.
- Work closely with all departments such as Convention Services and Reservation Sales departments to ensure that all details are communicated for to ensure a successful meeting experience.
- Perform other tasks as needed or directed to ensure effective Resort operation.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in business, communications, or hotel management preferred
- Two years or more related experience in sales work at a conference hotel.
- Must have experience in "cold call" solicitation, contract closing, site inspections/visits with clients, setting up fam trips and contract negotiations.
- Participate in development training through OBCR and ongoing with Omni Hotels & Resorts.
- Remain current with all pertinent computer software programs and equipment
- Have working knowledge of all departments, the Resort, and its amenities.
- Participate in all sales meetings and line-ups.
- Submit SMART Plans & Development Goals, and Market Place Action Plans yearly.