Location Nashville Hotel
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
Job Description Love coffee and the opportunity to be authentic and creative? Want to be formally trained as Barista? Join the Omni Family and the Bongo Brand at the Bongo Java in the Omni Nashville Hotel.
Bongo Java associates are responsibile for maintaining the highest standards possible for the guest by providing quick, efficient, and professional service to ensure satisfaction. Restock merchandise, keep Bongo Java clean and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and associates
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guest.
- Must remain professional in all situations.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Understand and acknowledge of proper uniform and grooming standards.
- Ensure that the lobby public areas are maintained and cleaned by liaison with housekeeping department
- Assist with monthly inventory.
- Maintain a clean workspace throughout entire shift.
- Follow proper procedure for accepting credit cards and checks.
- Maintain a cash bank.
- Verifying guest room numbers for room charges.
- Interact with other departments to ensure guest needs are satisfied.
- Adhere to proper food handling procedures.
- Proper knowledge of equipment use and safety procedures.
- Adhere to all policies regarding employee purchases and Bongo Java employee purchases.Exposure to food items and beverages. Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Follow proper procedures for all newspaper logs, receipts and returns.
- Follow proper procedures for accepting credit card and checks.
- Follow proper procedures for "holds".
- Ensure each beverage is consistently prepared and served by Bongo Java standards.
- Proactively work to seek out ways in which to improve the Bongo Java experience for our guests.
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience; in food/beverage and/or retail environment. Previous coffee house and/or hotel experience preferred.
- Previous cash handling and face to face customer service experience required
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into MICROS
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on guest requests and needs in a fast paced environment
- Baristas must attend and complete Bongo Java Barista Certification class.
- Must become familiar with all Bongo Java products and methods including Coffee, Espresso, Specialty Drinks and Retail Items.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead, and twisting. Must be able to stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .