Location Houston Hotel
Discover a luxurious oasis at the Omni Houston Hotel. Situated on impeccably manicured grounds, the Houston Galleria hotel features the finest in Houston accommodations with sensational views of the city or pool area. The Omni Houston Hotel is centrally located in the prestigious Uptown Post Oak/Galleria area and is just minutes from all of the excitement that Houston, Texas has to offer.
The Omni Houston Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Houston Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will ensure that all invoices incurred by the hotel are paid on a timely basis and all policies and procedures are followed. This position also functions as the General Cashier for the property.
- Ensures that the processing of all invoices is completed in a timely manner; takes advantage of all applicable discounts.
- Ensures that all invoices are coded correctly, with the proper department, account code, and sub-account code.
- Maintains the invoice approval process, ensuring that each department complies with the weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Processes a weekly check run for regular invoice payment.
- Processes checks manually in emergency situations.
- Maintains complete and accurate files in order to handle vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements and solve any discrepancies.
- Examines closely all expense reports to ensure compliance with SOPs; reviewing for timeliness, calculation accuracy, and reasonableness. Brings all discrepancies to DOF's attention.
- Reviews unclaimed payables account at least monthly, communicating with vendors as needed to ensure compliance with state escheat laws.
- Assists with month-end entries and backup as needed.
- Maintain and audit the hotel general bank and process all change requests.
- Conduct monthly bank audits on applicable associates and report any discrepancies to management.
- Must be familiar with operation of general office equipment; requires strong Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Must be familiar with internal audit requirements and uphold standards on a consistent basis; adhering to standards as instructed by corporate office team and property DOF.
- Proper phone etiquette; answering the phone with a smile in your voice
- Effectively operate computer, printer, telephone, pen/pencil, photo-copying machine, postage machine, facsimile machine
- Be pleasant, smile and greet all guests, using surnames when obtained
- Be actively engaged with our guests. Identify the needs of our guests and meet these needs, aiming to exceed expectations at every opportunity.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by management
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills are required
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
- Prior accounts payable and/or relevant accounting experience is required; hotel experience is preferred
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .