Location Royal Orleans Hotel
The Omni Royal Orleans offers graceful elegance in a New Orleans French Quarter hotel. Located on the most fashionable corner, St. Louis at Royal, the hotel has received the four-diamond luxury award for over 30 years and has earned the Pinnacle Award for meeting services. Our full property renovation incorporates modern amenities with classic design in our guest rooms, including iconic wrought iron balconies and redesigned public spaces inspired by liveliness of the area's culture through various color palettes and artwork.
Omni Royal Orleans' associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel may be your perfect match.
The candidate will have a primary focus on distribution and tracking of sales leads, responding to leads from RFP sites, as well as other lead generators. The applicant will also complete all customer proposals and regret letters with the direction from Sales Managers. In addition to being responsible for processing all definite contracts to include but not limited to making files, building group pick up form and routing definite paperwork to all departments. The candidate will be tasked with handling all incoming calls, assisting with contracts, proposals and clients. This individual will work closely with the Sales managers, handling all duties they may require. Candidate must be well-versed in computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office. Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to multi-task, as well as be a team player. Must be organized, have a willingness to learn and possess a positive attitude.
- Schedules and prioritizes work load to meet deadlines of all managers.
- Types and distributes all correspondence, including letters, emails, proposals, contracts, etc. for assigned managers. Ensures that all correspondence is 100% accurate.
- Maintains reader files.
- Maintains account files and ensures that all information is included in file, i.e. post convention reports, letters, fax information, etc.
- Checks own mailbox in the morning and afternoon.
- Answers calls to sales office by third ring.
- Ensures that all managers receive messages in a timely manner. (Messages to include name and phone, group or company name, number of caller, date and time call received.)
- Enters group information (sites, resumes) in Access.
- Enters work orders in Synergy as directed by managers.
- Assists unassigned managers as needed.
- Updates bulletin boards on assigned months.
- Gathers materials and mails packages to clients as necessary.
- Takes detailed inquiry leads and submits to appropriate manager.
- Inputs amenities into Epitome for VIP clients and processes paperwork (amenity card, receipt signature from Room Service.)
- Processes outgoing mail.
- Covers for reception during lunch
- Takes minutes at committee/assistant meetings as directed.
- Participates in schedule rotation for late coverage on days the office closes early.
- Previous hotel experience in Sales is preferred and knowledge of hotel systems including Delphi is a plus.
- Previous knowledge of Delphi, Opera and Synergy preferred.
- Must be extremely computer savvy (Microsoft Word, Publisher, Outlook, Express, Excel).
- Some college preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to multi-task, as well as be a team player.
- Must be organized, have a willingness to learn and possess a positive attitude.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .
End of Job Description