To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Director and Assistant Director of Engineering. Provides assistance in all operational aspect of the Engineering Department.
- Assist the Director of Engineering / Assistant Director of Engineering/ Engineering Manager in the full upkeep of the preventative maintenance, including the keeping of logs on work done, scheduling and the assignment of projects and other related tasks.
- Assist the Director of Engineering and the Assistant Director of Engineering the procurement of supplies and the issuance of purchase orders.
- Review work orders and assign work by priorities.
- Maintain up-to-date inventories of heat, light & power and repair and maintenance supplies.
- Respond to guest requests.
- Work with the Engineering staff on a shift basis and coordinates their activities.
- Assume the full responsibility for the Engineering Department in the absence of the Director of Engineering and Assistant Director of Engineering.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni's fire alarm procedures and emergency evacuation.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni's job scenarios.
- Must be familiar with Omni's Systems and Services procedures.
- Technical/specialized training required.
- Candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work based on business levels and occupancy levels.
- May be required to work long hours and work in a high paced environment where a sense of urgency is mandatory.
- Candidate must be organized and manage his/her time as there will be more than one task starting at the same time.
- Candidate must be able to not only follow direction but be able to think on their feet.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with the hotels guests.
- Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC knowledge is required.