Overview Shoreham Hotel
Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one's career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, "Hibiscus Huddles, "in honor of our company logo.
To fully develop the Group Market Segment identified below through solicitation, qualifying needs, timely response, optimizing revenue potential, and tracking/reporting. The primary function of the Express Sales Manager will be responding/maintaining a high lead volume that tends to be short term as to booking windows. Monthly revenue goals encompass total group revenue contribution including room revenue, food & beverage, as well as incremental revenue related to each booking. To merchandise as skillfully as possible the guest rooms and function space to maximize revenue potential for the hotel and to ensure that the customer has the best possible meeting experience. To achieve monthly room night goals, develop and implement sales action plans, maintain positive interdepartmental communications and to complete special projects as assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Achieve monthly room night & F&B booking goals, handling group blocks from 10-59 rooms on peak nights.
- Follow Booking Guidelines.
- Solicit accounts within assigned market segment utilizing FDC.
- Prospect and develop new accounts in line with the hotel's stated Business and SMART plans.
- Maintain weekly/rolling 5/10/15 telephone, site inspection and personal call goals.
- Use all prospect sources as identified to include but not limited to FDC, Knowland, & Topline.
- Follow up promptly on leads generated by the GSO, FLIP, CVENT, and other lead sources.
- Participates in development of direct mail and all promotions related to the market segment needs.
- Maintain positive attitude and welcome change.
- Account Planning Skills, including identifying and understanding account potential and the ability to set mutual Omni / Customer expectations
- Management of the customer decision and relationship process.
- Ability to self-motivate and follow through on activities through internal and external resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to assess the competitive arena as it relates to the territory and sell against the competition with a strong customer value proposition.
- Creative and strategic skills.
- Ability multi-task priorities and re-prioritize when necessary,
- Communication skills including group presentations, written and oral.
- Previous hospitality sales experience (preferred 1 - 3 years)
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word and access database tools
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .
End of Job Description