Overview King Edward Hotel
With its rich history, timeless elegance, and modern hospitality, the Omni King Edward Hotel has been a favourite of both locals and visitors for over 110 years. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, this landmark hotel is just steps away from a wealth of diverse restaurants, tourist hotspots, and shopping centres. It's no wonder the Omni King Edward is the perfect destination for business and leisure travellers alike.
The Omni King Edward Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni King Edward Hotel may be your perfect match
To provide for the acquisition of food, beverage, and general purchases at maximum economics based on business activity. The Purchasing Manager acts as a liaison between individuals in the hotel and supplier representatives in the procurement of goods and services required to achieve the objectives of each department.
- Directly supervise the Purchasing/Receiving staff through delegation of work tasks to achieve set objectives.
- Attend all Food and Beverage and related meetings such as menu engineering, weekly forecast, BEO meetings and Financial Services.
- Maintain close communications with Chef and Catering Department on requirements for future menu events to evaluate menus against Par Inventories in determining necessary requirements for outlets and banquet functions.
- Establish and maintain training tools for subordinates to achieve a better knowledge and understanding of the Purchasing process and applications such as: product familiarity, receiving and storage standards, EOM reconciliation of Food and Beverage inventories, EOM Accounts Payable closing.
- Coordinate with vendor to set up site visits of their facilities to aid key personnel in Purchasing and Storerooms as a training tool to improve basic knowledge of commodities used.
- Counsel and make, as needed, assessment of present and/or new associate job performance to determine what specific training is required to achieve desired results.
- Evaluate vendor performance in compliance to Purchasing bid procedures. Monitors vendor ability to provide timely and consistent quality according to established specifications.
- Maintain close communications with Corporate Purchasing offices for placement and follow-up on quarterly and annual order requirements.
- Attend area hotel and restaurant shows and seminars to establish new vendor relations and learn of new products and ways to improve present operation.
- Manage weekly bid process to ensure the best prices are being obtained on frequently purchased items.
- Coordinate weekly wine, liquor and beer purchases, ensuring compliance with state liquor laws. Establish and maintain requisition procedures for alcoholic beverages that guarantee maximum control over inventories.
- Work daily with Accounts Payable to ensure Birchstreet is accurate and up-to-date.
- Bachelor Degree
- 2+ years experience as a Purchasing Manager in a high volume, upscale Hotel.
- Exceptional guest service skills.
- Above average Computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to stand for a long period of time, stoop, bend and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work flexible schedule (Including weekends and holidays).
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Must be able to make quick decisions and possess good judgment.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative course of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must remain professional in all situations.
- Work with Food and Beverage Director to ensure Food and Beverage costs are in line with budget.