Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
Heine Brothers' baristas are responsibile for maintaining the highest standards possible for the guest by providing quick, efficient, and professional service to ensure satisfaction. Restock merchandise, keep Heine Brothers' clean and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and associates
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guest.
- Must remain professional in all situations.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Understand and acknowledge of proper uniform and grooming standards.
- Ensure that the lobby public areas are maintained and cleaned by liaison with housekeeping department
- Assist with monthly inventory.
- Maintain a clean workspace throughout entire shift.
- Follow proper procedure for accepting credit cards and checks.
- Maintain a cash bank.
- Verifying guest room numbers for room charges.
- Interact with other departments to ensure guest needs are satisfied.
- Adhere to proper food handling procedures.
- Proper knowledge of equipment use and safety procedures.
- Adhere to all policies regarding employee purchases and Heine Brothers' employee purchases.Exposure to food items and beverages. Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Follow proper procedures for all newspaper logs, receipts and returns.
- Follow proper procedures for accepting credit card and checks.
- Follow proper procedures for "holds".
- Ensure each beverage is consistently prepared and served by Heine Brothers' standards.
- Proactively work to seek out ways in which to improve the Heine Brothers' experience for our guests.
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience; in food/beverage and/or retail environment. Previous coffee house and/or hotel experience preferred.
- Previous cash handling and face to face customer service experience required
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into MICROS
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on guest requests and needs in a fast paced environment
- Must become familiar with all Heine Brothers' products and methods including Coffee, Espresso, Specialty Drinks and Retail Items.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead, and twisting. Must be able to stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.