Location Houston Hotel at Westside
A peaceful water garden in the atrium lobby of the Omni Houston Hotel at Westside welcomes you with cascading waterfalls, exotic foliage and tropical fish in a beautiful serene setting. This spectacular luxury hotel rests on lush greens and is surrounded by a picturesque two-acre lake. At the Omni Houston Hotel at Westside, unparalleled hospitality complements priceless accommodations to create the ultimate experience. Located a short distance from Houston's city Centre dining and entertainment complex, the four-diamond Omni Houston Hotel at Westside offers a relaxed and elegant atmosphere.
The Omni Houston Hotel at Westside's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Houston at Westside's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Houston Hotel at Westside may be your perfect match.
Ensure proper set up of meeting and Banquet facilities by communicating effectively through supervisors & house persons to associates and handling guest's requests on the floor.
- Directly responsible for the daily supervision of the Banquet Housepersons
- Inspects each function room prior to the event to ensure that both the client's needs are fulfilled and the hotel standards are met.
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining contact with each meeting planner (in-house) to ensure that all last-minute requests and changes are provided.
- Meets with banquet house person on a daily basis to insure that uniform codes and personal hygiene requirements are met in accordance with department standards.
- Reviews daily worksheet and assigns specific duties to each banquet house person.
- Review daily Synergy report.
- Inspects each function room prior to, and during breaks to insure that all requirements reflected on the daily worksheets are met. Specific hotel standards must also be fulfilled.
- Organizing and maintaining the back of the house areas to ensure a productive, safe and energy conserving work environment.
- In coordination with the Banquet Manager initiates appropriate disciplinary action for housemen who have committed infractions of the Rules of Conduct as stated in the Omni Hotels Associate Handbook.
- Ensures that all unused rooms are set to department's standards.
- Executes Associate MOS reports on a monthly basis. Provides daily, weekly and monthly performance feedback to the Associates and reports to the Banquet Manager.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .
- 2+ years experience as Set Houseman in a high volume, upscale Hotel.
- Must have exceptional guest service skills.
- Ability to stand (long period), stoops, bend and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively during entire shift.
- Ability to work flexible schedule. (Including weekends and holidays)
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment and have a strong attention to detail.
- Remain calm and professional at all times.
- Be able to make quick decisions and possess good judgment
- Must be able to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and use hands and arms