Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
To maintain the highest standards possible for the guest by insuring quick, efficient, and professional service to ensure satisfaction.
- Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall management
- Assist in overall supervision of the department as outlined in manager's job description.
- Complete environmental checklist for dining room.
- Order daily supplies.
- Hold pre-meal meetings.
- Follow up on established training steps.
- Handle guest comments and complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Observe, teach, and correct staff's service.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Omni standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing proper uniform and name tag when working
- Assist with monthly inventory and maintain a cash bank.
- Verifying guest room numbers for room charges.
- Interact with other departments to ensure guest needs are satisfied.
- Adhere to proper food handling procedures.
- Proper knowledge of equipment use and safety procedures.
- Do not leave merchandise unsecured.
- Corporate software programs such as Kronos WFC, Open Table, Synergy, and Epitome.
- Minimum 1 year supervisor experience.
- Must be able work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions
- Must lead by example, remain professional in all situations.
- Must be able to handle exposure to extreme temperatures and food and beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds and be on your feet for up to eight hours.
- Must be flexible with schedules including weekends and holidays.