Location Montelucia Resort and Spa
Nestled at the foot of the picturesque Camelback Mountain in the exclusive enclave of Paradise Valley, the Montelucia Resort & Spa features 253 luxurious guestrooms, 38 suites and two presidential suites. The property's distinctive architecture is inspired by the rich history, white-washed villages and sun-drenched hills of Spain's Andalusia region. The property also includes the award-winning Moroccan inspired Joya Spa, three resort pools and five dining options including the critically acclaimed restaurant, Prado. The resort, which is adjacent to the cities of Phoenix and Scottsdale, offers easy access to golf, recreation, nightlife and entertainment.
Provide high quality standards and procedures in preparing/serving all banquet food.
- Support restaurant chef/sous chef and supervisor
- Help to train staff.
- Control quality and consistency of all food served.
- Insure station is set for service 15 minutes prior to service.
- Insure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
- Assist in controlling food cost.
- Required to learn all menu items produced by assigned station.
- Refrigeration and serving of cold food.
- Production of orders.
- Help to make sure of product availability for all outlets items.
- Directs proper sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment.
- Keep kitchen clean and organize every day by any business
- Ensure staff follows Ecosure rules and procedures.
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment is in good working order.
- Help to direct or report proper maintenance of all walk-in coolers (rotation of food products and cleanliness).
- Be on hands on control over daily food production.
- Monitors safety in the kitchen.
- Ensure food quality and consistency.
- Knows hotel and kitchen expectations and the proper guidelines.
- Help to checks and controls prep and inventory lists for kitchen staff.
- Help to check quality and consistency
- Minimum 6 months (for entry level) to 3 years (advanced) relevant culinary experience, preferably in high volume upscale hotel banquet operation.
- Must be familiar with batch and quantity cooking
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards
- Culinary degree and/or formal training preferred
- The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time and lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Requires repetitive motion with both hands and occasional bending/stooping/kneeling.
- Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc) and taste/smell.
- Flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.